Employer: Department of Natural and Environmental Resources (DNER)
- Project Management:Responsible for coordinating and following up the different tasks required for the development of several flood control projects and erosion control projects. On federal projects, follow up with the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and take care of the land acquisition procedures. On state projects, hire consultants to perform hydraulic studies, environmental studies, geotechnical studies, and to prepare construction plans. Work on the bidding procedures and project management.
- La Plata Flood Control Project: Responsible of coordinating the emblematic project with tight deadlines. Worked on preparation of the studies, construction plans and environmental permits. Approximate project cost: $125 millions.
- Technical Assessments: Assess other divisions (including the Legal Advisers) on how to deal with environmental violations.
- Construction Permit Assessment (consultas): Assess the Permit Divisions in decisions related to constructions near rivers or brooks.
- Contract Drafting: Prepare the contracts to be used to hire our consultants, justify the works, and follow up on it within the Legal Department. Responsible for the administration of some contracts.
- Health and Safety Committee: Created a sub-committee to inspect our building facilities, and report deficiencies to the administrators of the building.
- Record Keeping: As a public employee, I am responsible of documenting the trajectory of my projects.
Back to My Resume.